Epoxy resins are versatile materials with a high aesthetic appeal. In recent years, epoxies have gained popularity in the art world due to their limitless color options and visual appeal. Epoxies are also widely used in the bar and restaurant industries to craft unique bars and countertops. To create an epoxy resin, two liquid chemicals are mixed. When they harden, they produce a durable, low-maintenance plastic that can be used in a wide range of applications, from construction adhesive and coatings to consumer crafts.
The Different Types of Consumer Craft Epoxies
There are two primary types of epoxy resin for consumer crafts. Both types are water-clear and harden to an extremely durable finish that can withstand scratching and yellowing:
- Diamond Clear Epoxy- Tabletop: Typically used for bartops and countertops, along with artistic projects, tabletop epoxy has a medium viscosity and a 1:1 epoxy-to-hardener mix ratio. It’s used by consumers for crafts and home improvement projects, and it also has commercial and industrial applications in restaurant chains and more.
- Diamond Clear Epoxy- Casting: This low-viscosity epoxy is a favorite among woodworkers and artists. It has a 2:1 epoxy-to-hardener mix ratio and is used for large castings, river tabletops, encapsulating items, and more.
Applications of Consumer Craft Epoxies
From serving trays and coasters to tabletops and wall decor, epoxy is a versatile material limited only by the artist’s imagination. Epoxies can be made in any color, and you can pour them over a variety of other materials. Clear epoxy bar counters, for example, may feature a collection of bottle caps, pencils, or flowers underneath the hardened resin. Here are just a few of the most common craft applications for epoxies:
- Bar and Table Tops: For a high-gloss surface that exposes the underlying wood or other decorative items, epoxy offers both beauty and durable functionality. Copps offers commercial-grade epoxies that are used by bar and restaurant owners around the world.
- Casting Resin: Because these resins cure more slowly and offer a thicker pour, they are ideal for encasing or suspending objects like dried flowers, coins, and various memorabilia.
- River Tables: Thanks in part to social media how-to videos, beautiful river tables have grown in popularity. Copps consumer epoxies can be mixed with a range of pigments to create nearly any color for your river table project.
Copps Industries Private Label Program
With our private label program, Copps Industries can help you bring high-quality epoxies to market quickly. We’ve already perfected the formulation and ensured it meets all manufacturing and environmental standards and regulations, saving you time in research and development. It’s a great opportunity to extend the reach of your brand with a proven product.
Our entire line of epoxy products, featuring more than 2,500 formulations, is available for private labeling. With no start-up costs or fixed manufacturing costs, private labeling is a cost-efficient way to add an epoxy solution to your product line.
How to Choose the Optimal Private Label Manufacturing Partner
It’s important to find a private label manufacturer that values collaboration. At Copps Industries, we have years of experience in private label manufacturing, and we see ourselves as your partner in bringing your branded epoxy product to market. Working with us comes with a range of benefits, including:
- No research and development costs
- No fixed costs
- No expensive start-up costs
- No manufacturing costs
- Regulatory and environmental compliance
- Export shipping compliance
We take care of all the details, backed by our years of experience and commitment to excellence. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and hold ourselves to the highest standards for quality, safety, and environmental responsibility. With over 2,500 formulations in our database, we have products to suit a wide variety of needs and we work to exceed your expectations. Contact us to learn more about our private label epoxy manufacturing or request a quote today.